Thursday, June 30, 2011

WriT - Stop, Read, and THEN sign

I'm going to keep it short and simple today. I chose to self-publish, but I know a lot of writers who won't feel like an author until they've at least tried to get a publishing contract. I will probably join that group of writers once I'm done with my next project, which I'm really excited about. In the meantime, to help all of you out, I found a wonderful blog that talks about the what to pay attention to when signing a publishing contract.

The blog Two Ends of The Pen put up this wonderful post a few days ago and I think it gives some incredible insight into what to watch out for.

There are 14 tips listed, all very fascinating and things I probably wouldn't have realized on my own. The one that really stuck out to me was making sure the contract has a publication time limit, because if not they can sit on it for years without doing anything to it and you, as the author, can't do anything about it. Your beautiful project might never see the joy of being a published piece.

If you want to check out the other 13, please check out the post. I found it to be really interesting and should be extremely useful to anyone who's looking for a publishing contract.



No comments:

Post a Comment