Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WIP Update - Little by Little

I had an amazing week. It was great to take a few steps away and force myself NOT to think about Transformation. It was really difficult, but definitely worth it.

I have started in on my final editing round rejuvenated, ready to immerse myself in my own world again.

My husband, bless his heart, finished his read through in one week. He actually managed it in 6 days, one day shorter than what he promised. His help has been greatly appreciated. I spent Sunday evening plugging in all the corrections that he found and now I get the fun task of reading it one more time.

I'm really looking forward to this actually. It will be the first time in months that I will read it from beginning to end without taking major breaks to re-work an awkward section.

I am giving myself until Friday to do my read through. It's not much time, I know, but I'm hoping to leave myself a few days to get all of my formatting done so the final product will be ready to submit to CreateSpace by the 28th of June. It's a difficult goal, but I think I can do it.

If there is one thing I have learned during this whole process, it is that you can do whatever you set your mind to. You just have to focus, and really want it. I really want this, so I will do it.

On another note, I just signed up to participate in the Summer Blog Hop co-hosted by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, and Mary from Bookhounds & Forever Young (adult). I am so excited to do my first hop! It will be running August 1st through the 7th. I haven't settled on what I'm giving away yet, but be sure to check back on the 1st! Whatever it ends up being, it will be a great prize!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on meeting these goals. You have so much to be proud of...especially a hubby willing to help! ;-)

    ReplyDelete