Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WIP - It's all coming to an end!

Last week was incredibly productive for me! I met all the goals that I set, finishing my final draft of Transformation on Friday. I was up until 2 in the morning formatting, making it look perfect.
Formatting is hard work. Not just because of the tediousness of it, which it is, but because it's hard to know what the perfect font should be, whether you should write 'chapter one' or just the number 1, or what size will be perfect for your book. Not to mention the dedication, acknowledgements, author bio, and copyright pages. There really is a lot to think about.

Thankfully, I had written out my dedication and acknowledgments weeks ago, so I just had to plug them in, but the copyright was a little intense and the author bio was intimidating. How do you decide what the perfect thing to say about yourself should be? It's so much easier to write about a character that exists in your head rather than tell the world who you are as a person.

I decided to go the CreateSpace route with this book. I think my next book idea is a little more original and has a better chance of being picked up by an agent. For now, writing is all about having fun. I'm not sure I'm ready to take on a contract or obligations. I have two young children at home with hopefully a few more down the road, and my life is all about taking care of them. In a few years, I may pursue writing as a full time job, but for now I'm happy with the way things are.

I uploaded my book on CreateSpace and it was approved so I ordered my proof copy. It was printed and shipped out yesterday evening! I am SO excited to finally have a copy in my hands. What a surreal moment that will be.

Once I review my proof copy I can put it up for sale. It will be available for purchase at https://www.createspace.com/3632519 or on Amazon.com in paperback or kindle. I may even have it available at Barnes and Noble online, but I don't know for sure yet. Once I approve the proof I'll decide if that's a route I want to go or not.

This has been an amazing journey! I can't wait to start down the path of my next project!

Now on for more news, my friend Jenni is on a race with herself to get 100 Followers. She's at 94....SO close! She's having an amazing giveaway when she hits 100, so go check her out and follow if you like what you see! You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I am very proud of you Kimmel! You've worked really hard to get to this point! Can't wait to buy a copy!

    ReplyDelete