Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WIP Update

That is what I have been feeling like these past few days. Last week I did so well! In six days I edited eighteen chapters! I was on a roll and eager for more.

But then, I hit that one chapter. The one that I knew needed the most work. The one that I thought I was looking forward to getting to. The one I was eager to rip it apart and put back together better than it was before.

It turned out I was actually dreading this chapter. Who knew?

In the past two days I have done everything I could think of that would keep me from editing. It doesn't help that I have books that I need to review so reading is always an option for me. Plus, there was laundry to fold, the kitchen to clean, shelves to dust, floors to vacuum, and even smoke alarms to replace. The list could go on, but I don't want to bore you.

In the back of my mind I kept thinking about my goal of finishing by June 30th. It looms, just 24 days away. The pressure to finish is definitely on, so last night I sat down and edited that overwhelming chapter.

And you know what? It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Granted, there are four completely new pages that weren't there before, and I did have to delete three existing pages, but still. It's done, it's better, and I'm happy that I finally did it.

As of right now, I have five more chapters to finish before my final editing round. And I am actually excited to dive back in this evening. Hurray for progress!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing the dreaded! Perhaps someday I'll clean out the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimmel,

    Just making sure you got my email notifying you of your gift card win at Teens Read and Write. I sent it to the hotmail account you provided.

    Congratulations, and thanks for voting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the message. I didn't get your email, though I have no idea why. I looked up your live journal account and sent you an email through that, I hope you get it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete