Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

I realized this evening that I have only posted one sample of my writing, and I thought I would rectify that. I plan on attempting to post sample work at least once a week, barring any unforeseen life distractions, aka kiddos.

This poem was written at least ten years ago. It was one of my first completed poems.

"Me, Myself, and I"

There's a constant struggle within my heart,
Between me, myself, and I.

For ME loneliness is not a choice,
Merely the path with a louder voice.
ME aches to feel a loved ones touch,
Without it life is just too much.

For MYSELF, it is to be alone.
No distractions in the home.
With no one to say what to do,
It's all for MYSELF, not for you.

I needs to be without any fears.
I'm sick of having all these tears.
I wants to be a better friend,
But I can't seem to find the end.

There's a constant struggle within my heart,
Between me, myself, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment