Tuesday, June 14, 2011

WIP Update - The end is in sight!

I actually did it. I had set a goal to finish the second to last round of editing by June 13th, and I made it! I even finished a day early, if you can believe it.

My wonderful husband, who can't stand finding errors in the books he reads, has graciously volunteered to do a final sweep for me. Once he is done with that, it will be time to make the necessary corrections he found and do my own final sweep.

This process has felt like it has gone on forever, yet it feels really fast as well. Transformation was started November 1st, 2010 and completed November 30, 2010. That means it was written in one month, and edited in less than seven. The whole thing blows my mind a little if I dwell on it too much.

If someone had told me a year ago I'd be counting down the days to a finished, ready to publish/query YA novel, I'd laugh in their face. Seriously. Even though I enjoyed writing, and I thought it would be amazing to write a book, I NEVER thought I'd actually do it. It's amazing what you can actually accomplish if you just set your mind to it.

I have two ideas brewing for next NaNoWriMo, which I'm really excited about. They're both very different from Transformation and I look forward to that challenge. Now I just have to decide which one to focus on. I think I know, but I may change my mind at the last minute.

In the meantime, I just started a new project to keep me busy. I hadn't intended to. I actually wanted to take a week off of writing, but that proved difficult. Less than 24 hours in and I was itching to write. I guess I truly am a writer after all.

This new project is also extremely different from anything I've done, with a very specific audience. That's why it won't be a NaNoWriMo project. I'm looking forward to having something to focus on this summer and early fall. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

Now on to an unrelated topic, I am having my first ever author interview on Thursday with Keary Taylor. Be sure to check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment