Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WIP - It's begun!

I've really been slacking these past few weeks on my blog. I kept thinking I needed to get my blog posts done but then something would come up and I would put it off longer.

I'd like to say it was because I was spending so much time with my preparation for NaNoWriMo, but in reality it was just me being caught up in the game of life.

On a positive note, yesterday was the first day of NaNoWriMo!

I will admit, all day Halloween I kept thinking about how I was supposed to start writing the next day and it had me extremely nervous. I've been thinking about this project for months and I wasn't sure if I was ready to get it on paper the way I see it in my head. But that wasn't going to stop me from trying.

I hit the computer hard yesterday. It was difficult to get started, more so than I had anticipated. It took me over four hours to write 362 words. That's an extremely slow pace for me.

Thankfully, once my cuties went to bed I was able to get online with my friend Jenni. Together we were able to pump out a great day. I ended my day with a word count of 3042 words. Wahoo!

Even better than my word count, I ended the day excited to get going again today and the rest of the month. I can't wait to get this project finished! Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment