I was really happy with most of it, but unfortunately there were some things that needed to be tweaked. For instance, I miscalculated the size of the spine so the cover is off center, being pulled to the left. It's a little distracting.
The coloring for the cover was also off, which is strange since it's a black and white cover. My good friend Jenni was able to go in and adjust those issues.
I also discovered some embarrassing issues on the inside. The biggest one...different font for chapter 13. I have no idea how that happened, but it was obvious. The spacing was also different, the first 10 chapters seemed to be 1.3 and the last part of the book was all single spaced. Those kinds of things are easy to miss when it's in a file on a computer and you have to scroll from one page to the other, but when you're flipping through a book and seeing one section right after the other it's easy to catch.
It's stuff like that that makes a self-published book stand out, and not in a good way. I went through and made my corrections, along with carefully scanning it for any other issues. I couldn't find any, so I'm hoping I got them all. I'm pretty confident I did.
I ordered my second proof, which I'm hoping will be here by this weekend. My fingers are crossed that it will go smoothly and there won't be any more adjustments that need to be made before it can be ready to go up for sale.
One of my biggest pet peeves are errors in a published book. I find it distracting to have major grammatical or spelling errors, so I'm striving to not have that in my own. I'm sure there is something I missed, even the best novels have one or two errors, but my hope is nobody will notice. (And that those who do will be forgiving.)