Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP - Planning has officially kicked up a notch!

The beginning of September marks a very important time for me. It's time to really start my plans for NaNoWriMo in November!

I am getting so excited for it I can hardly stand it! It doesn't help that my good friend, Jenni, just won Camp NaNoWriMo, which is the same program it's just done during the summer! Reading her blog updates about how much she had written just made me want to write that much more!

I've talked about this before so it's no surprise that I have a project all lined up for November, kleoS. It's very different from my first book, Transformation, so I'm really excited for the challenge of a different storyline.

Another difference is Transformation was written in third person and kleoS is going to be written in first person. I'm a little nervous, but really excited to try my hand at it.

I have more planned out than I had anticipated at this point. Cross-country drives are great for those type of braining-storming sessions. :-) Even with everything I have, I want to have more planned out. I want to make sure that I know who each character is and what each of their purposes are. I read so many books that impress me with how well thought out they are and I really want kleoS to be one of those books.

My goal for next week is to have the plot line completely outlined. Now, by that I mean I want to have a definitive beginning, middle, and end planned out so I know exactly where I want this story to go. Granted, stories tend to change while you're writing them and that's okay, I just want to have a guide to follow along the way. I will definitely let the story lead the way if I decides to veer of course. I guess I won't know until November though.

1 comment: