Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Transformation Update

With my sister's wedding last week, I didn't get as much editing done as I would have liked. I have, however, finished plugging in my corrections from the paper edit for the first half!

I have also heard back from my beta readers, which makes me SO happy! This week I will be working on going through their feedback and deciding which advice I will choose to use. The beta feedback has proven to be invaluable for the re-write of the first chapter, so I know it will really help the rest of my revisions.

I have really enjoyed hearing about what parts were surprising and which ones were really liked. It's harder to hear which areas need a lot of work, but I'm glad I know where to put my attention as I approach this next round of editing.

The best comment so far though, was, "Wow, this is Kimmel's mind." I guess my novel is a lot different than expected, but in a good way. It's definitely darker than what was anticipated, but I like it like that and I hope all of you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment